top of page
  • Christine D'Amico


Updated: Dec 13, 2022

Let's take a moment to make insurance for your wedding simple! Here we go:

Everyone involved in your wedding and reception are professionals, and as such, are required to provide proof of Liability Insurance.

The Caterer has insurance in the event that their food causes food poisoning, or a guest trips over a cart belonging to the caterer and is injured. For example, they could have a chafing dish that sets a tablecloth on fire, and then scorches the table. This actually happened here at the Wolf Creek Retreat. Insurance will reimburse the injured party.

The Bartender has insurance in the event that a guest leaves the party and has an accident with a third party. The police will do a trace back to discover where the alcohol was served. If there are injuries, the bartender will have coverage, as the courts may assign liability to the bartender serving the alcohol.

The Wolf Creek Retreat has insurance in the event that we created a situation wherein someone is hurt or injured.

The Client - you - purchases one day liability insurance. We will send you a link to the Event Helper, but you can use Wedsafe or one of many companies that offer this. This liability insurance covers you in the event that one of your guests is injured at your event. The liability insurance also includes Host Liquor Liability where if you have a guest who is overserved and has an auto accident after leaving your event, you have coverage for what the courts may rule your contribution to the accident is. Even if your event is dry, you will be covered in the event a guest sneaks in their own alcohol.

The Wolf Creek Retreat will reach out and request copies of all insurances on your behalf prior to your event.

Feel free to contact us if you have other questions!

bottom of page